Yesterday was a FABULOUS DAY! Shifali, the precious lady who came to Christ a few days ago, was baptized. She is a flying sex worker (FSW) here in our city. She came to a meeting that we held for FSW's at a hotel. She heard the Gospel and asked our national partners Pinky and Rojli (they are in the pic below, Shifali is the woman to the far right) to come to her home to tell her more. She accepted a few days later as Pinky, Rojli and Emily told her even more about Christ....and she decided to take the first step in obedience and be baptised.
Walking to the river that is next to our house...such a convenient place for baptisms!

Below: Shifali being baptized. This was the most interesting baptism I have ever been a part of. When Shifali came out of the water she was limp, her eyes closed, lips purple...she looked dead. It was freaky to say the least. We had no idea what was going on...we began to pray. Rojli began smacking Shifali's face, yelling at her, holding her nose and mouth to see if she would gasp for air...nothing! Then what seemed like an eternity later she opened her eyes. No one said anything...we just got her out of the water and walked back to Emily's house. On the way back to the house, she said, "I was dead. I felt like I had died. But, when I opened my eyes something came into me." My only explanation...she really died to her old self right then, truly accepted Christ right there in the water, and allowed the Holy Spirit to fill her up. After that, we took her through a lesson on the Lord's Supper and gathered around and took it. She understood everything that Pinky's husband was telling her...he asked her questions from the lesson he taught her and she understood and answered perfectly. I am excited about Shifali and what God is going to do through this precious woman. PRAY FOR HER...she will need it as she needs a new job and she will be tempted to rely on herself for her income rather than God. Pray for her discipleship...for understanding and obedience to be her life.
The fun part of this wonderful day....my sweet Hannah was a part of it all. As we walked to the river we discussed baptism and what it was. Then she watched Shifali be baptized and asked more questions. It was so much fun. Every time I go to the RDL she asks me when I get home, "mommy, did you tell the ladies about Jesus? Now they're going to heaven?"

Then...I get to come home to this precious little pumpkin. So sweet!
3 comments:
SHUT UP!!! I am sitting here in my room crying with my sister as we read this! Praise the LORD for the work that only HE could do! Praying for her now. Love you friend!
That is so wonderful, Kari! We will be praying for her. I love that Hannah was a part of it! So AWESOME! Love the pics!
Kari~Thank you so much for your sweet words and most of all prayers. And you found the right Amos:) He is from Oologah. Amazing how small the "internet" world is sometimes. I asked him and he remembered both you and your brother. I loved reading your stories, it is amazing to see God working through your family. Stay in touch:)
Post a Comment