Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Just Little More to Update....










Don't you point that finger at me! : ) Hannah's friend, Aashini, uses her pointer finger in the correct way--her parents ask, "Aashini, how old are you" and she will left up her pointer finger. My daughter on the other hand uses her pointer finger to to me about anything and everything. She gives speeches with that finger! So many people have asked me what she is saying...how in the world am I supposed to know?? She can talk for about 10 minutes, the whole time holding up that tiny pointer finger. It will be interesting when she really starts talking.

Below: Nathan and our associate pastor. We are a part of a Naga Christian Fellowship church and we love it! It's been such a blessing in our lives. The people are wonderful and we truly feel like we are apart of a family there. On this particular Sunday, Nathan preached--so, he took his motorcycle to church while I drove the vehicle. That's how we got this funny pic.
Below: We have a dog that is on our compound--it's not our dog, it's the "compound's dog"--if that makes any sense! Anyhow, this dog had 3 puppies, which were cute until they started barking like most Indian dogs. Let me say this--NO ONE makes their dogs stop barking, it's just a part of life--dog's bark. We are considered strange b/c we tell the dog not to bark. Anyhow, one morning when the puppies just wouldn't stop barking, Nathan went to the dog's "owner" and told him that the puppies had to go. So, our friends found homes for all the puppies. The funny thing is--they found them homes at Naga peoples homes. If you know anything about Naga's--well, they eat dogs! So, I found this picture below to be hilarious considering this woman is treating the puppy like a baby, when a year from now she will be eating it. We live in a strange, my friends! : )

Below: Back to Hannah---she is a phone talker. She carries her Dad's phone around and talk on it all the time. She mimmicks are conversations very well--she will say "ooooh, weeeelll, huuuumm..." and then start laughing. The she starts all over again. What a goof.

Below: I can't remember if I mentioned it or not--but, for Hannah's birthday we bought a little soft, cushiony chair. I had my eye on this chair for about 3 or 4 months, thinking that it would be a great birthday present for Hannah. Well, the day I went in to buy it--the guy told me how much it was and I about fell over laughing. (I won't tell you how much) My first thought--this is India, they want to bargain. But, this is not a bargaining store...the prices are set. But, suuuurely this man will give me a discount b/c that silly chair had been sitting there forever! He wouldn't budge...agh! I left defeated and told Nathan that the little dream chair for Hannah wasn't going to happen. Oh well. The day of Hannah's birthday arrived and my sweet husband said -- "honey, I think we should get the chair!" Yeah! So--I go back in and the guy gives me a whopping 50 rupee discount! Friends...this is a little more than a dollar! I couldn't believe it...but, I wanted the chair soo bad that I bowed down to the silly man and gave him the money. At the time I was thinking "I'm going to regret this"...but as you can below...our sweet little love bug loves the chair!



Below: Hannah loves to take my shawls and put them on her head and walk around like she is playing dress up.

Below: Just another sweet picture of our little one in her chair in front of the Christmas tree.


Above and below: the lake that is 45 min to an hour from our house. Nathan and I usually go there for a date...there is a beautiful new resort there...yeah!

6 comments:

Emily said...

I just love seeing pics of Hannah - she is SO cute! I bet she's hilarious to see in action!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

haha! Great post!! Hannah is getting so big! How fun! That chair is really cute and I'm really intrigued as to how much it costs now :) haha! How fun!
I love that motorcycle pic! haha! That ROCKS!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

oh, and that lake area is beautiful! How cool!

And maybe that dog with the Naga family will be "safe"... I heard they like the black dogs the best :) they're more tender :)

Laura said...

Hannah is so adorable! It's fun seeing pictures of her.

Shannon said...

I love the motorcycle photo - it looks "photoshopped". And Hannah is just too cute for words! :)

Amber said...

Love the pictures.

Poor doggy. :(