Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tiny Tot Wrestle Mania

Hannah and Friends...
We just had new personnel move to the country and it was such a blessing to have them stay with us for a few nights before settling into their new city and home. Here is their daughter, Abby, and Hannah pretending to be sleeping. Hannah's not doing a good job of pretending!

Jamie didn't have to go school one day, so she was able to come over and play with Hannah all day. Hannah had a blast! Jamie is only 4 and attends school...they just had EXAMS, yes that is what I said, EXAMS this week. I think homeschool sounds like a grand idea compared to sending my children to school to take exams when they are 4! ugh!
Just some pictures of our yard...our gardener was highly motivated by the World Cup to mow our lawn in a beautiful fashion. Not to mention, this is the first mower he has ever used...and I think the only mower in our neighborhood. So, everytime he starts the mower a crowd forms around our gate. I love it!
Oh..."what did he use before the mower?", you ask. Scissors. It would take him a week to mow the whole lawn...then of course it would be grown up again where he first started...poor guy. Now he's livin' it up!
A picture of the road leading to our gate.

And....here's his beautiful design!
Sammy has been officially introduced to Praise Baby...and he loooooves it! And..so do I!!!
He will sit for the whole thing...dinner has become a bit easier to fix now that he is sitting his little behind in front of this glorious little invention!

Just another little pic of him soaking in Praise Baby.
This is every mom's delight (i think)...walking into a quiet room and finding your two little ones "reading" books.....
TOGETHER!

I love this picture...not only because I'm with my little boy, but because his sister took the picture! ha,ha...
Nooooooooow, let's get ready to RUUUUUUUUMMMMBLE!!!
This couch has been the center of wrestle mania in our home. I swore that furniture would not be a jungle gym...HOWEVER, there are moments when I realize that this is not my home, my home is in heaven, I'm a stranger to this world and therefore....why not? Why not let my children (and husband) play on the furniture every once in a while? Why not enjoy the laughter that they bring to the house? It's definitely a softer place to play than the concrete floor....soooo, relax moms, as you view my children wrestling on our furniture :)
The moment Nathan lays down on the couch after a long day....game on!! The kids attack! They both start giggling and running towards him to tackle him. I looove it!
Hannah and Sammy are starting to play really great together...Sammy definitely looooves to rough house.

The funny thing is that Sammy is about to outweigh Hannah...he weighs 22 lbs. And Hannah weighs 24 lbs. This wrestling match is going to get a little rougher when he outweighs her....I'm not sure she will enjoy it so much then. :)
A few little acrobats in the midst of wrestling...
A ride on brother to finish off the night....
And one last pic of our yard...with a basketball court and river view! Yes, we live in a house down by the river...not in a "van down by the river" (SNL) :)
And my two admirers of the yard. Aren't they so sweet?
I've got no complaints. My Lord is good.


4 comments:

Anthony and Sharon said...

Wow! He did that with a lawnmower?!After never having used a mower before? I thought you needed special FIFA World Cup machines to accomplish that. VERY impressive!

Amber said...

Love this post and all the cute pics!!! I can not wait to see you guys!!! Emily weighs more than Sammy and maybe Hannah too. I guess we'll find out at her 1 yr check up! lol

Nick & Emily said...

I love these pictures kari!! Especially the one of hannah riding sammy=hilarious!

Shank Family Adventure said...

Sharon, the gardener is talented...that's all I can say! ha,ha..