Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Home...continued

So, this morning I woke up with the thought, "I should call my mom." So I did--and everytime I do it makes me miss home. I start thinking about the "sacrifice" I made in coming to a foreign land--for example, seeing my neices and nephew grow up, hanging out with family, smelling fresh air, having a dryer, having a yard that Hannah can play on...the list could go on and on. It's a sad thing to put your hand to plow and then look back--scripture says that we shouldn't look back. Hmmm....that's still a skill I haven't mastered...but, I want to. The Lord is good all time...I need to say that at this point b/c HE TRULY IS! As I wallowed in my self-pity, I turned to John 12--"he who loves his life loses it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it to life eternal." I've never particularly LOVED that verse, until today. No--of course I don't hate my life, but I do like it a lot. I would go as far to say that I truly love it--but, I think the point is that I'm not to love it more than I love serving Christ, more than I love the Lord. Which sometimes I do--sometimes I want to say, "pack your bags, honey, let's go home". That thought usually lasts for a 10 minutes, in the heat of an Indian moment--then it fades and I begin to realize, "I am home...India is my temporary home, Heaven is my future permanent home". And I remember why I am here---to glorify God so that others may know His most wonderful forgiveness and grace...so that they may have life eternal. Thank you Lord for this life you have given me---may it glorify you here in India.

No comments: